The City of Ottawa plans to install red light cameras at 20 more intersections by the end of 2017.
The total number of cameras across the city would reach 54.
City staff reviewed collisions that occurred between 2012 and 2015 at all of the signalized intersections within the city. The review identified the locations with:
· An average of three or more angle collisions due to red light running per year; and/or,
· Five or more angle collisions due to red light running in one direction during the four year period.
The added locations are:
· Arlington Ave. at Kent St.;
· Aviation Pky at Montreal Rd.;
· Bank St. at Riverside Dr. South;
· Bay St. at Slater St.;
· Bronson Ave. at Powell Ave.;
· Catherine St. at Kent St.;
· Cedarview Rd. at Fallowfield Rd.;
· Coldrey Ave. at Kirkwood Ave.;
· Elgin St. at Slater St.;
· Gladstone Ave. at Rochester St.;
· Hawthorne Rd. at Leitrim Rd.;
· Heron Rd. at 155m west of Bank St. – Canadian Tire Access;
· Hog’s Back Rd. at Prince of Wales Dr.;
· Innes Rd. at Orleans Blvd.;
· Lyon St. at Slater St.;
· Murray St. at Sussex Dr.;
· Old Tenth Line Rd. at St. Joseph Blvd.;
· St. Joseph Blvd. at Tenth Line Rd.;
· Tenth Line Rd. at Vanguard Dr.;
· Walkley Rd. at Glenhaven Priv.