The city is planning a reconstruction of a chunk of Prince of Wales Drive and Dynes Road to include bike lanes and sidewalks, starting this summer.
A public meeting about the reconstruction of Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive is scheduled for March 30, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in St. Pius X High School’s cafeteria, where city staff will present the preliminary and detailed design plans for Dynes Road from Fisher Avenue to Prince of Wales Drive, and Prince of Wales Drive from Dynes Road to Forest Hill.
The reconstruction project aims to improve the storm sewer system. The sanitary sewer and water main will also be replaced due to its age.
Along with the sewer and water main construction, the city is proposing:
• Full-road reconstruction on Dynes Road (Fisher Avenue to Prince of Wales Drive) including replacing curbs, replacing existing sidewalks with 1.8-metre wide sidewalks and new 1.8-metre wide sidewalks on the south side of the road between Fisher Avenue and Claymor Avenue.
• On-street bike lanes on both sides of Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and Prince of Wales Drive.
• Removal of on-street parking on the south side of Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and 847 Dynes Road to accommodate the proposed bike lanes. Parking bays will be provided on the south side of Dynes Road between 847 Dynes Rd. and Morley Boulevard.
• Full-road reconstruction on Prince of Wales Drive (Dynes to Forest Hill) including new curbs, sidewalks and cycle tracks on both sides of the roadway.
• Reconstruction of the Dynes Road / Fisher Avenue and Dynes Road / Prince of Wales Drive intersections with protected cycle-track crossings. Parking bays will be provided on the east and west side of Prince of Wales Drive between Maryland Avenue and Villa Crescent.
• Relocation/reconstruction of utilities, as required.
The tentative schedule for the project is to start construction sometime this summer, with it wrapping up by late fall 2018. The final paving and landscaping is scheduled for spring and summer 2019.
For more information, visit ottawa.ca/.